EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking qualified ‘AP/AR Coordinators’, who will report to the CFO. As a member of the accounting and finance team, the AP/AR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring expenditures of the company (other than payroll) are properly authorized, recorded accurately within the appropriate reporting period and are paid within the established guidelines. Responsible for all outgoing invoicing in accordance with the terms of the customer purchase order and the subsequent collection of money within the established credit terms. Oversee confidential accounts payable records and ensure unpaid invoices and liabilities of the company are properly accounted for.
- Develops, maintains current project schedules, schedule status and schedule analysis with P6 software.
- Assists in developing project work breakdown structure for projects to meet scheduling and cost tracking requirements.
- Provides critical path analysis and creates ‘what if’ scenarios; evaluates impact of changes to critical path.
- Assists in identifying and ensuring adherence to required project resources (staff, materials, equipment, etc.).
- Participates on project teams providing valued project data and analysis; leads project schedule status meetings.
- Develops and analyzes project metrics; generates accurate, timely reports and schedules for management.
- Recommends and develops scheduling process improvements.
- Attend meetings at client sites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering plus 0-2 years of related work experience. May substitute a Bachelor’s Degree in a non-technical discipline plus 2-4 years of related work experience, or comparable additional experience in lieu of Degree.
- Basic understanding of complex planning and scheduling concepts and scheduling software.
- Basic comprehension of nuclear power plant systems, components and interrelated activities.
- Good written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Awareness of internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete work package inputs and definition.
- Basic problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Fundamental working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Scheduler’ in the subject line by March 16, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.