EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.Summary
EMC is seeking qualified Schedulers, who will report to Project Management. Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for establishing detailed schedules and resource requirements for specified projects. Coordinates with project managers on the development and implementation of project schedules; tracks and monitors project schedules through completion. Analyzes plans and schedules to identify potential delays and integration problems; recommends changes to plans and schedules.
- Develops, maintains current project schedules, schedule status and schedule analysis with P6 software.
- Assists in developing project work breakdown structure for projects to meet scheduling and cost tracking requirements.
- Provides critical path analysis and creates 'what if' scenarios; evaluates impact of changes to critical path.
- Assists in identifying and ensuring adherence to required project resources (staff, materials, equipment, etc.).
- Participates on project teams providing valued project data and analysis; leads project schedule status meetings.
- Develops and analyzes project metrics; generates accurate, timely reports and schedules for management.
- Recommends and develops scheduling process improvements.
- Attend meetings at client sites
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 0-2 years of related work experience. May substitute a Bachelor's Degree in a non-technical discipline plus 2-4 years of related work experience, or comparable additional experience in lieu of Degree.
- Basic understanding of complex planning and scheduling concepts and scheduling software.
- Basic comprehension of nuclear power plant systems, components and interrelated activities.
- Good written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Awareness of internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete work package inputs and definition.
- Basic problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Fundamental working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to email@example.com with ‘Scheduler’ in the subject line by July 13, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.