EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking qualified QC Specialists, specializing in Electrical, who will report to the QA Manager. Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for performing inspections and surveillances, supporting audits and site processes and activities to ensure that appropriate controls have been defined and implemented to meet customer, regulatory and ISO requirements. Incumbents must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures and rely on extensive experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Analyzes data to identify and solve problems
- Develops systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and data
- Completes and maintains quality inspection programs for incoming/receiving, in process, and final approval material and product inspections
- Conducts audits and/or surveys to determine acceptability of quality controls
- Monitors performance of work to ensure compliance with company, customer and regulatory requirements through performance of inspection and/or surveillance functions
- Administers aspects of the quality assurance program to ensure products and services are in compliance with the appropriate regulations, standards and codes and customer requirements
- Verifies and records calibration status of measurement and test equipment used during inspection and performs measurements using measurement equipment
- Ensures material markings and equipment / components / against Field Work Package documentation, purchasing documentation and applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Authenticates supplier documentation against purchasing documentation and applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Verifies proper installation of electrical and mechanical items, components and equipment in nuclear power plants against Field Work Package documentation and applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Verifies suppliers’ installation records against the Field Work Package documentation and applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Coordinates and performs surveillance of required tests
- Records inspection results in Inspection and Test Plans and various Inspection and Test Reports; may write ITPs
- Electrician (Certificate of Qualification) or electrical or mechanical engineering experience is an asset.
- Understanding of CSA N286-05, ISO 9001, Z299.1, N285, B51, Ontario Electric Code.
- 3 years’ experience in coordinating and performing receiving, in process and final inspections / surveillances in the nuclear and electrical sectors.
- Experience interpreting complex electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics; writing ITPs; working onsite at Bruce Power, and familiarity with site procedures, Passport, and processes.
- Comprehension of nuclear power plant systems, components and interrelated activities
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to interact positively with all levels inside and outside the organization and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including document preparation
- Adequate skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Auditing experience is an asset
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘QC Specialist’ in the subject line by May 11, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.