EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.Summary
EMC is seeking qualified Purchasing Specialists, who will report to our Procurement Specialist. This position reviews material requisitions for the acquisition of materials and/or services. Researches, interviews, and negotiates with suppliers to obtain prices and specifications. Provides routine administrative support. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Be competent to perform tasks that may impact on health and safety in the workplace. Relies on judgment and limited experience to plan and accomplish goals.Responsibilities
- Reviews purchase requisitions for completeness such as: clearly specified as to description and/or use, proper approval levels, charge number, required date, etc.
- Assists in identifying potential suppliers, obtaining quotes, verifying supplier capabilities and preparing purchase orders including expeditated orders.
- Assists in performing bid evaluations to determine best quote based on price, delivery and quality, then negotiate contract terms with successful supplier, prior to placement of purchase order.
- Assists in administering purchase orders and ensuring deliveries are maintained.
- Maintains files and performs various clerical duties as required.
- Assists in resolving warranty claims, quality rejects, invoicing and shipping discrepancies which may be required to complete and close the purchase order.
- Understands and ensures compliance with purchasing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assists in the processing of requests for quotations and description literature.
- Assists in maintaining current supplier information (pricing, quality, contact, catalog, etc.) for placement of purchase orders and trending.
- Maintains professional interfaces with various internal operating departments and supplier representatives
- Promotes the value of Purchasing by meeting and exceeding customer needs.
- Assists department in meeting or exceeding cost reduction goals.
- College diploma is the minimum requirement.
- 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of QA program requirements
- Familiar with standard purchasing practices
- Knowledge of Electrical Standards and/or Mechanical Codes and Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact positively with all levels inside and outside the organization
- Experience with Passport and Cat. IDs preferred
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook skills
- Excellent planning, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Purchasing Specialist’ in the subject line by March 16, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.