EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking qualified Project Managers, who will report to Senior Project Management. Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for securing and managing resources for highly complex single or multiple product line commercial projects from proposal development and award through contract closeout. Responsibilities typically include planning, scheduling and control of project activities to achieve project objectives.
- Provides project leadership for major commercial nuclear facilities design, construction, expansion, extension, renovation or component replacement projects.
- Prepares project plans/schedules/materials to achieve project quality, reliability, cost and timing objectives.
- Utilizes approved project management methods and processes to execute projects of existing technology and methods to meet client needs and expectations.
- Provides primary interface between project team, management and client.
- Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- Coordinates multiple project activities including organizing and directing personnel, materials and equipment; utilizes team building skills to ensure satisfactory project performance.
- Defines and forecasts needed skills to meet project objectives.
- Manages cash flow and ensures attainment of expected cash position; manages revenue and cost declarations.
- Able to develop P6 Schedule alongside schedulers
- Attend project meetings and provide updates as required
- Ability to develop estimates
- Diploma or Degree from a respectable institute within a related field of study.
- Project Management experience for a minimum of 6 years.
- Excellent knowledge of major PM plan development, implementation and administration including knowledge of sector and project processes, procedures and tools; good knowledge of nuclear safety issues and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of staff & management.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong customer relationships; experience with international clients and staff.
- Experience in the management of integrated multiple sub-projects and project implementation strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of PC-based applications such as Excel, Word, P6 Schedule, Word
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to email@example.com with ‘Project Manager’ in the subject line by March 16, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.