EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking qualified Project Coordinators, who will report to Project Management. Under close supervision, this position is responsible for assisting project management with project coordination; status reporting; resource planning; and scheduling. Works closely with project management to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, in adherence with quality standards consistent with customer expectations.
- Assists project managers with the coordination of project plans, schedules and materials to attain project quality, reliability, cost and timing objectives.
- Utilizes fundamental project management methods/processes to ensure meeting client needs and expectations.
- Coordinates related activities between Project Managers, customers, and team members regarding assignments and responsibilities.
- Coordinates with PCS to provide updates of project status, financials and available resources.
- Coordinates with PCS to track key project milestones, coordinates adjustments to project plans and resources.
- Creates and edits advanced documents incorporating technical vocabulary, data, graphs, and tables.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Performs project related activities such as filing, preparation of recurring internal reports, timekeeping reports, training log, project files, customer files, and man hours tracking.
- Able to review and comment on P6 Schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- 2-4 years of closely related work experience.
- Good business and/or technical expertise in a related capacity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent PC-based application skills such as MS Office (Word, Excel, P6 Schedule, PowerPoint).
- Basic problem identification and resolution skills with emphasis on “root cause” analysis.
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to email@example.com with ‘Project Coordinator’ in the subject line by March 16, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.