EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking a qualified Project Controls Specialist (PCS) to join our team, reporting to Project Management. Under minimal supervision, performs project control activities that manages, controls, and reports on costs. Collects and reports on performance data, identifies and tracks all changes to the project scope and provides cost analysis. Responsible for financial management of the project including assisting with budget creation, WBS development, invoicing and tracking of milestones.
- Establishes methods/procedures for the project control activates of cost analysis, scope control, trending and reporting.
- Develops earned value analysis, project status reports and project financial reports.
- Informs the project manager of project financial status, schedule status, identifies potential problems and recommends a resolution.
- Provides financial management of the project, that includes assisting with the creation of work breakdown structures including budgets, tracking of invoicing milestones, reviewing invoice charges and backup, forecasting and monitors project cash flow.
- Monitors and corrects unposted or suspended man-hours in timekeeping system.
- Assists with preparation of required documentation to establish change numbers, budgets, etc. in the financial system.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field or equivalent education and/or related experience in lieu of degree
- 4 to 6 years of related work experience. An advanced degree (MBA) or PMP Certification may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Active security clearance for a nuclear power plant is an asset
- Good written and verbal skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed financial data.
- Good business and/or technical expertise in a related capacity.
- Excellent customer service.
- Good PC-based application skills such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point).
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly and work well as part of a team.
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to email@example.com with ‘PCS’ in the subject line by August 3, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.