EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking a qualified Procurement Specialist who will report to the Vice President. This position will create purchase orders for the acquisition of materials and/or services. Research, interview, and negotiate with suppliers to obtain prices and specifications. Be familiar with a variety of field operation concepts, practices, and procedures. This position is responsible for ensuring that assigned materials, equipment, and services are obtained at the lowest total cost consistent with set standards of quality, delivery, and service.
- Implements and follows procurement processes and policies
- Performs all aspects of standard purchasing responsibilities; including, review of customer contracts to identify purchasing quality and regulatory requirements relating to the purchased products and services, review of purchase requisitions, and preparation of purchase orders to ensure customer and project quality and regulatory requirements are imposed on the vendors, analyzes proposals from suppliers, and arranges and expedites timely delivery of materials and services
- Resolves availability, delivery, quality, pricing or other related problems with purchases and invoices; ensures accuracy of invoicing
- Prepares requests for quotes
- Reviews and quantifies DBOMs from RFPs
- Reviews and clarifies procurement requests from other departments
- Identifies and requests potential vendors to be added on the Approved Vendors list with Quality Department
- Requests the qualification of new suppliers
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships; negotiates for the best possible pricing, quality and service
- Develops and recommends vendor performance measurements based on industry standard benchmarks
- Communicates with vendor on non-conformance issues
- Researches and recommends carriers and custom brokers; effectively communicates with all parties to ensure deliveries are expedited
- 4+ years of related purchasing experience, with experience in the nuclear and/or electrical sectors preferred. Post-secondary education in Business Purchasing, or equivalent preferred from a respectable institute in a related field.
- Knowledge of Electrical Standards and/or Mechanical Codes and Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact positively with all levels inside and outside the organization
- Experience with Passport and Cat. IDs preferred
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook skills
- Proficiency with accounting software; Timberline (Sage Construction) preferred
- Proactive and excellent problem solver
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Excellent planning, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Procurement Specialist’ in the subject line by January 25, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.