EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.Summary
EMC is seeking a qualified Mechanical General Foreman/Site Superintendent, who will report to the Site Manager. This position will direct projects in accordance with the company’s operating policies and principles and implements the project schedule.Responsibilities
- Preparing Project Risk Assessments for projects responsible for;
- Ensuring the competencies and control requirements specified in the Project Risk Assessment are complied with;
- Ensuring compliance with OH&S and environmental legislation;
- Directing and supervising all staffing, equipment, material and resource requirements on project sites;
- Measuring, monitoring, analyzing and reporting on his/her organization’s Health, Safety & Environmental performance;
- Mentoring and assessing Supervisors under his/her jurisdiction;
- Developing and maintaining successful customer relationships and loyalty;
- Overseeing completion of estimates, schedules and scope of work for proposals to customer;
- Workforce planning and forecasting, including skills and training requirements, for current and future opportunities;
- Appointing “competent” supervision and ensuring all workers under his/her supervision are qualified to perform work assigned;
- Supervising project cost control;
- Overseeing project schedules and directs operations to achieve project schedules;
- Coordinating all tradespersons / sub-contractor tradespersons;
- Implementing the IMS, standards, regulations, procedures, policies and performance standards within area of responsibility;
- Ensuring policies, procedures and plans are communicated and adhered to;
- Establishing a “Just Culture” and identifying “Organizational Weaknesses” when incidents, events and non-compliances occur;
- Responsible for performance management;
- Overseeing Supervisor and apprentice appraisals;
- Overseeing maintenance of site records;
- Maintaining a healthy and safe, organized, clean site.
- Promoting and managing Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental culture in all activities at a particular site; actively promoting Human Performance tools;
- Ensuring all activities on site, including those undertaken by contractors, are carried out with full regard to any license requirements and statutory regulations, as well as any company, contractual, customer and location requirements, directives, procedures and Health & Safety and Environmental rules;
- Ensuring that all work packages are undertaken safely, executed to the prescribed quality standard and in compliance with design/specifications, and to the required schedule and cost requirements;
- Ensuring that there is an adequate supply of personnel, supervisory staff, equipment, material, and resources to maintain operational efficiency and budgets;
- Encouraging an environment of continuous improvement.
- Organizes regular safety meetings and trade meetings as directed
- Liaises with customer and head office/site manager/project manager regarding safety, cost, schedule and budget performance; responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget
- Manages the direct/indirect ratio of staff to meet customer expectations
- Identifies, develops and successfully pursues new business opportunities
- Attends project meetings
- Ensures quality plans are adhered to for all work performed
- High-school diploma is the minimum requirement. Certificate of Qualification – Construction & Maintenance Electrician preferred.
- 7 years of experience in a supervisory role in a construction environment, in the electrical/nuclear sector, preferred
- 10+ years of Mechanical Construction experience in Nuclear is an asset
- Knowledge in CSA B31.1 and B31.3 is required
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact positively with all levels inside and outside the organization
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, as it relates to the Construction industry
- Excellent knowledge of construction technology / methods
- Ability to comprehend drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong coaching / employee relations skills
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment managing own workload
- Capable of working with clients at all levels of responsibility
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Mechanical GF/Superintendent’ in the subject line by March 16, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.