EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking qualified Estimators, who will report to the Operations Manager. Under broad supervision, develops estimates in support of engineering, procurement and construction of various power plant components. Forecasts project costs. Gathers details and compiles data to estimate all production costs according to specifications. Estimates include labor, equipment, materials, tools, shipping and/or implementation. Determines the necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints. Works with project staff to provide timely project cost estimates to client.
- Prepares estimates for a variety of projects
- Accurately calculates and quantifies the materials, equipment and labour costs required to complete a project within the parameters of the contract specifications
- Works with Proposal Managers, Project Managers and SME’s to develop project cost basis and respond to client data requests.
- Interprets documentation, specifications, and design drawings to define scope/contents of the estimates
- Understands and considers the implications and impact on estimates of contractual and commercial terms and conditions
- Liaises with safety, engineering, project management, quality and other departments to develop the estimates
- Reviews and analyzes bid packages from subcontractors
- Completion of a post-secondary education in electrical engineering or a technical field from a recognized institution preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the electrical, nuclear and ICI sectors.
- Trades experience preferred.
- Experience with large, complex contracts and projects.
- Experience with PassPort an asset.
- Excellent comprehension of drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Strong knowledge of codes and industry practices
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel and MS Project
- Experience with estimating and scheduling software
- Excellent technical writing and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact positively with all levels inside and outside the organization
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to email@example.com with ‘Estimator’ in the subject line by March 16, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.