EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada (EMC) Ltd. is a privately owned, Canadian company in operation since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trade services for transmission and power generation clients. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking a qualified Controller who will report to the Vice President. This position is responsible for managing the financial resources and obligations of the company and for providing related financial services, support, and consultation to management. The Controller will provide fiscal input to assist in determining or adjusting the strategic direction of the company.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Oversees the day-to-day accounting operations
- Supervises accounting staff (AP/AR, Billings, Job Cost and Payroll); provides staff training; manages performance of staff by setting goals and objectives towards development
- Performs complex accounting activities such as account reconciliations and preparation of journal entries; maintains general ledger accounts and performs related activities for timely and accurate reporting of financial information
- Performs complex analysis; completes the analysis of financial results to ensure reasonableness, accuracy and completeness of information
- Manages all aspects of job costing process, including initial estimates and budgets, and subsequent performance
- Ensures the monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing processes
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Develops and implements accounting controls, policies and procedures
- Complies with federal and provincial government regulations and filings
- Assists the CFO/Vice President, Finance & Administration with the preparation of the financial statements and executive reports
- Post-secondary degree in finance/business preferred. Actively pursuing an accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA) at a minimum of level 3.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience, preferably in the electrical or construction sectors. 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with Sage Construction 300 (Formerly Sage Timberline) and Crystal Reports an asset
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills; ability to interact positively with all levels inside and outside the organization; demonstrated leadership qualities
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft suite platforms
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to email@example.com with ‘Controller’ in the subject line by April 16, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.