EMPOWER YOUR CAREER!
EMC Power Canada has operated since 2005 providing specialized construction management and multi discipline trades services for power sector (Transmission/Generation) clients.
EMC offers a wide range of expertise in construction and the ability to provide Clients with unionized trades amongst various other professional positions. Growing our company and business opportunities involves recruiting various, qualified employees energized to join our dynamic team within a diverse industry.
EMC is seeking qualified ‘AP/AR Coordinators’, who will report to the CFO. As a member of the accounting and finance team, the AP/AR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring expenditures of the company (other than payroll) are properly authorized, recorded accurately within the appropriate reporting period and are paid within the established guidelines. Responsible for all outgoing invoicing in accordance with the terms of the customer purchase order and the subsequent collection of money within the established credit terms. Oversee confidential accounts payable records and ensure unpaid invoices and liabilities of the company are properly accounted for.
- Create and maintain all customer PO’s / WO’s for Brokered Labour. Including the log and Timberline data entry.
- Issue weekly Mock invoicing including all back-up necessary including timesheet summaries.
- Issue and maintain all Managed Task invoicing as requested by Project Managers and on a monthly basis for all Time & Material Projects.
- Complete and maintain the % spent report and issue to appropriate personnel, including follow up of outstanding items.
- Maintain and update the “Missed Signature Log” and issue to appropriate personnel.
- Provide resolutions to variances as requested by customers, including validating any discrepancies.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending reminders and contacting customers.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Generate financial statements and reports detaining accounts receivable status.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques/efts; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Month end close for both AR & AP along with general accounting duties.
- College business diploma or equivalent is a minimum requirement plus 2 years of closely related working experience in an accounting department.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Highly efficient in problem solving with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to positively interact with all levels of the organization
To be considered for this opportunity email your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘AP/AR Coordinators’in the subject line by March 16, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
EMC Power Canada Ltd. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.